A crane truck is a hydraulic vehicle equipped with a hoist, wire ropes or chains, and sheaves, and the main goal is to lift and lower materials or to move them horizontally. It is mainly used for lifting heavy things and transporting them from one location to another.
Today, we’re talking about the most important crane trucks parts, such as the boom, the jib, the rotex gear, the outriggers, the vehicle’s cab and the detachment counterweights, so let’s explore each one of them:
- The boom is also known as a crane arm, and it is utilized for lifting and lowering heavy loads;
- The rotex gear is allowing the boom to rotate;
- The operator’s cabin can rotate thanks to the previously mentioned rotex gear;
- The jib is the crane truck part that can enlarge the crane boom;
- The Outriggers give the essential balance and stability to the vehicle;
- The counterweights are preventing the crane from being unstable during an operation